Sunday, November 13, 2011

evaluation

Things I will discuss...

The need to have a tool for the student to use in the readings. I would create a few 'thought questions' which will give the students an idea of what ideas, issues, facts the professor sees as the most important aspect of the reading. I feel this will not only help the students get more out of the readings, but also encourage discussion of the texts.

The blogging should be done after each class, not before. I think it will be a more useful tool if students are commenting on (A) the readings of that class session (B) the discussions from that class session or video conference and (C) their own personal reflection from the session.

I also like the idea of commenting blog 'buddies', but I think you should have the students draw names of two students to follow throughout the semester so they can follow to different perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment