Wednesday, November 2, 2011

music

Music has a very important role in my life. I am an avid music lover. In the past I have been apart of choirs, though I have never been able to play a musical instrument.

The way I feel I most contribute to music is being a listener and lover of what is being created. At least once a week, if not three times a week, I am watching music being played live. Most of my friends are artists and I support them as much as possible. I love being involved in every part of the music process. From being in my friends basement, listening to the practice a new song they just wrote, to being in the studio while they lay one down, to being at their shows and dancing along with every beat.

Music is the one thing that can always give me a sense of hope. Anytime I am down, I put on music or go to a show, and I feel a spark of encouragement. I feel that music is the easiest way for people to communicate. Everyone can feel a beat, hear a melody. Music is a medium that all people can understand, it may have different arrangements and tempos, but the core is the same. I believe because music is such a universal language it has an important role in conflict resolution. Music naturally brings people together. Countless amounts of times, I have seen someone strumming a guitar and throughout the night people are drawn to the sweet sound. If we can use music as a tool to gather different types of people together, we can take it one step further, and begin having dialogue among the conflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment